12.8.10

I just need my prescription of Xanax filled. Thanks.

The last thing I expected to find at the Indiana State Fair (or any fair, actually) was a near mint-condition, antique pharmacy. Hooks Drug Store has stood on the Indiana State Fairgrounds since 1849, and I strongly doubt that it has changed much. I cannot imagine walking into a Walgreens, telling the pharmacist that your head hurt, and then they put together a powder/liquid/cream concoction with one finger-crossed hand behind their back. Either way, very neat to see this glimpse into the medical history that scarily enough, was in active use not that long ago. Enjoy the pictures, and I apologize that there are only a few. 
Before Lauren and I left, we actually got a hand pumped chocolate coke from a soda jerk. Definitely awesome. 








2 comments:

  1. Had forgotten about that place! very cool pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the pics as always, really interesting place and the lighting gives it such an extra-interesting look. sweet.

    ReplyDelete