13.7.10

Military fail, Art Center win

Well, I started off the day with a plan to head to a local Military Junkyard/Museum. After knocking out class and work, all I wanted to do was take some shots of rusted out tanks and jets. Thanks to someone at the museum closing up shop a few hours early, that shoot will have to wait. But with every down there has to be an up, right?
Enter Broad Ripple Art Center.  This place is only a quick jaunt from my apartment, and for some reason I had not shot it until just the other day. After running around their grounds, snapping a few fun photos I realized that I am in severe need of someone to model for me. There are far too many interesting backgrounds and objects for someone to interact with. Until then, enjoy the scenery.
Side note - I decided to play around with some homemade filters (post) and see what I could accomplish. I am pretty happy with a few of them; surreal, yet defined. Let me know your thoughts! 













^^ I'm loving this 'vintage' filter feel ^^

7 comments:

  1. Oh well if you're looking for a professional model, I am available for a reasonable 6-figure price (plus flight from CA, hotel, and transportation of course). I'll send you a resume once I return from Berlin Fashion Week. The camera loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually in need of a model FOR Berlin Fashion Week, as well as Milan the following week. If you can supply your own Powerthirst all other amenities will be taken care of. And that's great that the camera loves you, you just have to remember to love the camera. It is the true secret within the modeling world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics, really love the filters. have you worked on any of my pics? peace mf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to sit on top of that house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snoopy-style I presume? Maybe ponder the life of being a cartoon character?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots! I agree with you on the filters; they're subtle but give the photos an aged or antique look to them, which I think works wonderfully with the photos you selected. I feel like the last photo should be overlaid with an emo poem or song lyrics. All joking aside, I really like the last photo!

    ReplyDelete