17.7.10

Steal second bas..er, that Toyota!

Today I come to you with what will hopefully be one of three posts this week. After my previous failure at the military junkyard/museum, I hoped that my luck would turn around today.
Thankfully my luck decided to not only turn around, but do three or four more rotations in a positive direction. Follow me here; an overgrown, reused, weather-beaten, abandoned minor-league baseball stadium. Oh photography gods, how I thank thee.
Bush Stadium is the previous home of the Indianapolis Indians, the local minor league squad. After a bit of digging, I found out that the stadium had been built in 1931 as Perry Stadium, then renamed Victory Field in 1942, and renamed for its remaining days as Bush Stadium. With a rich history including multiple movies being filmed on-site, Negro League baseball finals, and even being a host stadium for the 1987 Pan-Am games, the future of the stadium is now looking quite bleak. The stadium saw its final hurrah in 1997 as a midget auto racing venue.
Thirteen years later, the stadium sits in shambles, being used as a lot to hold cars from the "Cash for Clunkers" program. Very sad story for quite a history-rich building. With that being said, here is what was seen through my lens.


 Side note - There are 12 shots in this post, apologies if the load time is through the roof. Tried to downsize without losing quality all too much. Enjoy.


Click to below to enlarge panoramic shot, it's worth it

2 comments:

  1. Since when are you into photography?? These are beyond good man,,,the pics with the yellow chairs, the bowling pin, and the sink,,,amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, great post. Also quite a nice place to take shots, looks like a very interesting building. It always amazes me how abandoned buildings in America are graffiti free, here in Spain anything that may look abandoned has tons of graffiti.

    The picture of the seats is my personal favorite in this one, I really like how you made one stand out so well. really clean, really fresh angles.Good job man

    ReplyDelete